Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's about time Finland receives some lols, too

If you can't see a damn thing during high noon, it might be because your eyes are closed or because you have suddenly gone blind.

In Finland it might also mean that it's winter.

After spending most of the last winter on the other side of the equator, getting my eyes scorched by the ridiculously bright NZ summer sun, I seem to have finally succumbed to the lack of daylight in the polar winter and am now facing a mild case of SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder. The Winter Blues. I feel tired, I feel lazy, I often feel a bit depressed.

So to battle that, I bought me a light therapy lamp.
It's a little bit on the bright side. :)

While I was browsing the different lamps at the market, two tired-looking, greasy-haired women with 4 pre-school kids between them made a drive-by with their carts loaded up with crap they were buying for Christmas, and sneered at the lamps (and at me, apparently), tsk-tsking at the price tags (the one I bought was about 200 euros) and at how no one in their right mind would waste so much money on such useless trinkets, when buying Christmas presents for the kids already meant pawning redundant organs to the Russian black market.

I am so happy that I don't have any kids. Truly I am a blessed man. :)

Also, PPRRRÖÖÖAAARRAARRRAARRAARRR~~

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the greatness of not having kids becomes especially great during Christmas time ;)
    Hmm, report the effects of that lamp when you've used it a bit more and see how well it works, ok? If it's good I'll buy one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommiの部屋の趣味良いね〜。
    照明の雰囲気とか好きだよ。
    にしても、面白い楽器を持ってるね。
    そんな物、どこで買えるんだい?
    (^-^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 今クリスマスだから三日前両親の所に来ました、でももうちょっと自分の家に帰りたい気に成ってしまいました。。あの部屋がそんなに大好きですよ。:P

    楽器は『didgeridoo』と呼んでいます、オーストラリアのAlice Springsに買いました。うるさいおもちゃだ。:)

    ReplyDelete